Category Manager/Senior Category Manager
Sourcing Solutions is a reseller of IT hardware with a focus on End-of-Life and Discontinued products. We source products directly from major OEM’s, as well as globally in the open market, for resale through distribution and E-commerce channels.
We are seeking rock star Category Managers who are eager to use their creativity, ambition and extensive skill-set to drive profitable growth for two of our largest product categories.
The categories we are currently looking to grow are:
1. Client side – Desktops, laptops, systems, and peripherals
2. Enterprise Component/3rd Party – Memory, transceivers, cables, and optics
The Category Manager will be responsible for coordinating the marketing, selling, servicing, and purchasing of assigned products and managing the overall profitability of the assigned product lines. You must have a keen eye for recognizing product lifecycle transitions, demand profiles by product and category type, and market trend analysis. Strong foothold with prior business relationships within each target product segment market highly sought after.
Who We Are
We are proud to be named one of the Top Work Places, Top Data Center Tech Company and a Fastest Growing company. Our summer internship program will provide you with the opportunity to learn about our business models of the reseller market, EOL (end of life), discontinued and refurbished product sales, E-Commerce Sales and Broker Sales while building relationships with our customers. We are committed to providing unparalleled customer service, save our customers money and build relationships with our clients. We are located in Costa Mesa, CA
We have a culture that rewards growth, teamwork, achievement and accountability.
We believe in building relationship and empower our team members to be creative as we work as a team to achieve more.
We offer a high energy, fun, fast-paced entrepreneur style work environment.
We foster an environment of hard-working, motivated, self-starters who are creative and driven to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive the profitable growth of your category by sourcing and reselling products through the assigned channels
- Profitably manage $1-2 million in inventory at all times
- Define overarching goals and strategy for your category, problem-solve, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and manage key business metrics
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, etc
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies.
- Be the category expert - be knowledgeable of category status and manage all reporting for assigned categories
- Participate in product meetings to coordinate actions, manage inventory, and mitigate risks
- Stay attune to the eCommerce community and product trends to help identify new product directions, features, and opportunities.
- Develop and manage a network of suppliers for the products in the assigned product categories.
- Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
- 4-6 years relevant experience, strongly preferably in IT hardware distribution or e-Commerce
- Understands the technology lifecycle in their category
- Understands the market dynamics for their product category: Channel, Ecom, Broker
- Can operate in a high-volume, fast-paced, profit driven trading environment
- Has developed sources for these products
- Has developed channels for selling these products
- Experience with the US Distribution channel for Enterprise IT products.
- Is highly motivated and has a track record of success
- Track record of high earnings in a variable-compensation based environment
- Proven track record of increasing sales and profitability
- Proven track record of negotiation skills in IT brokerage market
- Strong proficiency in all tools Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in business management