Warehouse Productions Supervisor
We are looking for a Supervisor to manage and direct the day to day operations of the production/packaging department to ensure proper packaging guidelines are met. Design, update, implement and manage the production processes to streamline productivity of existing and new packaging demands. Develop procedures for packaging associates insuring customer and quality requirements are adhered to. Manage a work group handling various labeling, packing, crating and kitting duties to ensure proper safety measures are taken at all times. The development of all team members to include mentoring, on the job training and outside training. Determine inventory levels, schedule, optimize and maintain all packaging supplies and their usage to maximize utilization and minimize costs.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute the business plan and reporting for the packaging/production department. Preparing, updating, reporting and operating in approved budget and communicating SLAs to other departments
- Operational responsibility for production, work orders, supplies receiving, quality, materials purchasing, supplies inventory control, etc. Development of departmental processes and coordinates inter-departmental activities. Creation of guidelines, reporting, procedures, internal procedures, new product provisioning issues and meetings, specification documentation and database creation and control. Develop cross departmental SLA’s and communications and work with other department heads as to impact on the packaging/production department and needs.
- Manage the packaging of all parts suppliers and contract packagers for damage effectiveness, quality, space utilization and cost. Engineering design approval for new model parts, quoting of “new” projects.
- Coach, mentor and conduct training for all associates based upon career assessment and departmental needs.
- Support Distribution Center operations through packaging improvement, materials selection and packing procedures while working with other departments to determine the best packaging solution for each product. Packaging/Production systems control, supplies purchasing, scrap authorization, quality control documentation and corrective action requests.
- Ensure proper labor, material equipment, facilities, systems, etc. are available.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all internal departments, external vendors and contractors and improve efficiency process through incorporation of new processes and technology.
This individual should be knowledge of labeling, packaging materials, equipment and processes. Proven Self-Motivation, Time Management and Leadership skills that motivate, generate pride and enhance respect for others. Strong knowledge of computers and related software programs such as Microsoft Office, Labeling Software and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Background in ISO and understanding of supply chain activities including transportation, warehousing, distribution and systems a plus. Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate written or verbal instructions, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred degrees are in production, warehousing, packaging, business or management.
- Required five (5) years packaging experience and five (5) years supervisory experience.