This candidate would be responsible for the planning, directing and coordinating warehousing activities for the organization including, storage or distribution operations, planning and scheduling inventory to meet organizational needs and ensuring products are properly inspected.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and recommend improvements in warehouse practices to promote efficiency, faster service and at lower costs
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Creates and maintains reports on inventory levels and shipment status.
- Communicates with manufacturers to check on progress of orders.
- Maintains inventory control, including double-checking the accuracy of all orders shipping out.
- Handles the purchasing of all saleable goods, including determining what products need to be purchase and entering the purchase order into the system.
- Receives paperwork and enters the information into spreadsheet.
- Supervises the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Helps out the warehouse staff with pulling and staging orders.
- Supervisory duties include daily supervision and responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
8-10 years of Warehouse Management Experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree preferred