General Manager Ecommerce
Are you looking to work for a company that has been named, a Top Workplace in the OC, one of the 30 Most Innovative Companies, a Top Solution Provider and a Fastest Growing Company, then Sourcing Solutions is for you! At Sourcing Solutions, we are a leading reseller of IT Hardware with a focus on End-of-Life and Discontinued products. We source products directly from major OEM’s, as well as globally in the open market, for resale through distribution and Ecommerce channels.
We are seeking a dynamic experienced General Manager to be part of our team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager of Ecommerce is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional Business Units to assist in all aspects of the Ecommerce business including business planning, content strategy and development, online marketing, product merchandising, website design, customer service, web analytics, and web technologies. We are looking for a creative, passionate individual to grow our business by developing and manage the user experience of our online direct sales business including site navigation, content, development, checkout funnel, and promotional campaigns.
The candidate will be leading our team to be innovative and experiment with new ideas and bring about new ecommerce business transformations that rise above an unprecedented customer experience.
Who We Are
We are proud to be named one of the Top Work Places, Top Data Center Tech Company and a Fastest Growing company. Our summer internship program will provide you with the opportunity to learn about our business models of the reseller market, EOL (end of life), discontinued and refurbished product sales, E-Commerce Sales and Broker Sales while building relationships with our customers. We are committed to providing unparalleled customer service, save our customers money and build relationships with our clients. We are located in Costa Mesa, CA
We have a culture that rewards growth, teamwork, achievement and accountability.
We believe in building relationship and empower our team members to be creative as we work as a team to achieve more.
We offer a high energy, fun, fast-paced entrepreneur style work environment.
We foster an environment of hard-working, motivated, self-starters who are creative and driven to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for P&L, top line and bottom-line of the ecommerce business globally
- Provide directions, inspirations and guidance for ecommerce in a manner that drives efficiency and increases productivity so that the required KPIs, revenue and profitability can be achieved
- Works closely and coordinates with all BU’s to develop appropriate processes and resource requirements to drive Ecommerce business results and achieve exponential growth
- Responsible for service level planning and management, maintenance of the production environment infrastructure, production operations, monitoring, and continuous improvement
- Develop budgets, forecasts and results
- Develop the business plan including the annual budget for Ecommerce which will outline objectives, strategy, tactics and milestones to achieve overall financial goals for product sales, margin & operating income
- Manage and provide advice in all ecommerce related IT technologies, platforms and emerging technologies/practices
- Provides advice on CRM architectures and e-commerce strategic marketing
- Responsible for application development methodologies: discovery, design, development and deployment of complex business systems
- Responsible for business systems integration, user interface design, information architecture, web site content management systems and creative design aspects
- Coach, develop and support the growth and development of subordinates and colleagues
- Identify and manage all contractor and vendor relationships and act as a liaison between the IT department and outside vendors for development, maintenance of the website and optimization of system performance
- Oversee and/or perform complex projects with conflicting deadlines simultaneously
- Oversees the day-to-day planning and execution of content across the websites including product & promotional merchandising, online marketing campaigns, website design, customer service, web analytics, and web technologies
- Analyze and provide ecommerce and marketing industry trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion, and products
- Stay abreast of latest trends and insights in ecommerce, CRM, and digital shopper marketing. Improve, develop and advocate new CRM, digital marketing, and Ecommerce opportunities
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of all Ecommerce operations and make recommendations for improvements
- Analyze web usage trends and improve or add functionality to web store platform
- Collaborate with global and local functional teams and business units to ensure smooth end-to-end execution of global and local initiatives
- Operational Excellence - Drives functions to achieve quality and on-time delivery metrics. Ensure commitments for functionality and innovation are delivered timely within the budget
- Has worked in the IT industry with e-commerce operations or business process. and experience in a senior leadership/managerial role
- Solid experience in managing ecommerce systems, preferably with at least 5 years in the IT environment
- Experience with direct Ecommerce selling on Amazon Marketplace Seller Central
- Thorough understanding of project management of the project lifecycle
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Creative business thinking and open-minded. Ability to convert information into insights
- Integrity - deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Strong perseverance to achieve targets and results, set challenging goals, teams’ standards, and priorities, overcome obstacles, accept accountabilities, provide leadership/motivation.
- Strong team player, adaptable and flexible to changes
- Proactive, independent, responsible, creative and self-motivated
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in a related field